Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what the scotts

In article , Huge
writes
On 2016-11-03, Tim Streater wrote:

[34 lines snipped]

The manifesto this govt was elected on said there'd be a referendum,
and that the govt would implement the people's decision.

Governments routinely ignore manifesto pledges.

You asked for Parliamentary sovereignty. Hopefully you'll now get it good
and hard.

Sovereignty belongs to the people. We transfer sovereignty to parliament
every 5 years by way of an election.
In this particular instance parliament transferred that sovereignty back
to the people and the people have spoken. I prefer this system to being
ruled by judges.

Get a grip, Bert. Whatever the Daily Mail said, you are not being ruled by
judges. They were asked to clarify the law as it stands and that's what they did.