Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Best Buy recycling electronic stuff

On 11/03/2016 06:46 PM, Frank wrote:

No longer completely free. They charged me $25 to take an old 15 inch
CRT monitor. I told them I would pay it as I would be reimbursed from
client but they were now on my s-list for buying new stuff from them.
Neighbor said he had taken a huge CRT along with some other stuff to the
dump in his pick-up and they only charged him $25 for the lot.
He said they did separate recyclables but TV's just went into the
general trash pile.

I understand that some states impose a a fee for recycling/dumping CRT
devices, but others do not. e.g., MI does, IN does not (so I was told
this week).

Perce