Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Best Buy recycling electronic stuff

On 11/3/2016 3:46 PM, Frank wrote:
No longer completely free. They charged me $25 to take an old 15 inch
CRT monitor. I told them I would pay it as I would be reimbursed from
client but they were now on my s-list for buying new stuff from them.
Neighbor said he had taken a huge CRT along with some other stuff to the
dump in his pick-up and they only charged him $25 for the lot.
He said they did separate recyclables but TV's just went into the
general trash pile.

Here in WA, Goodwill takes TV's for recycling, no charge. Other places too.