Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Patching a hole

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:36:40 -0400, Suzy wrote:

I've had this toilet leak for months. Around the bottom of the toilet
by the floor was cracked and now a large chunk fell off the toilet. I
can smell an odor filling the bathroom.

My question is: How do I patch the toilet hole? I tried to use spackle
but the hole is about 2"x4". Also it doesn't stick to the toilet at all.

Help!

If the hole extends to the wax ring (seal) at the base of the toilet,
you are probably buying a new toilet. The best bet is to pull the
toilet and look. The actual seal to the waste pipe is only about 6" in
diameter around the waste pipe. Then you have the issue of the toilet
moving after you put in the new wax ring, breaking the seal.
Got a picture?