Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what the scotts will vote?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Huge

On 2016-11-03, Tim Streater wrote:

[34 lines snipped]

The manifesto this govt was elected on said there'd be a referendum,
and that the govt would implement the people's decision.

Governments routinely ignore manifesto pledges.

So what.

You asked for Parliamentary sovereignty. Hopefully you'll now get it
good and hard.

No, I asked that we leave this EU. Since the Govt had told me that
whatever the country's wish turned out to be in this regard would be
implemented, that's what I expect to happen.

You expect everything a government promise to actually happen, do you?
Which planet have you been on up until now?

The court should have declined to hear this case: it's not within their
competence.

Ah. Right. One of those who wanted sovereignty - but only their own
version of it.

--
*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.