Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Best Buy recycling electronic stuff

No longer completely free. They charged me $25 to take an old 15 inch
CRT monitor. I told them I would pay it as I would be reimbursed from
client but they were now on my s-list for buying new stuff from them.
Neighbor said he had taken a huge CRT along with some other stuff to the
dump in his pick-up and they only charged him $25 for the lot.
He said they did separate recyclables but TV's just went into the
general trash pile.

It's a State by State (and possibly local law) deal.

In some areas the dropoff is a complete "freebie", in
others some stuff is free, others are charged for,
in some you pay $25 but get a $25 coupon...