Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what thescotts will vote?

In article , Huge
writes
On 2016-11-03, Tim Streater wrote:

[34 lines snipped]

The manifesto this govt was elected on said there'd be a referendum,
and that the govt would implement the people's decision.

Governments routinely ignore manifesto pledges.

You asked for Parliamentary sovereignty. Hopefully you'll now get it good
and hard.

Sovereignty belongs to the people. We transfer sovereignty to parliament
every 5 years by way of an election.
In this particular instance parliament transferred that sovereignty back
to the people and the people have spoken. I prefer this system to being
ruled by judges.

So parliament needs to change the law, which is what the judges have
said. Its the way the UK has done stuff for a long time and you want to
change it without consulting the rest of us.