Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Festool Contractor Track Saw Question

On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 10:39:14 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
I was thinking this job
might justify the expense, but with the outfeed table on my good quality
TS I think I'm in good shape.

The bins are all 8ft. long so most of my cutting is going to be full
rips. It's only 1/2 pine plywood so maneuvering won't be as difficult
it would be with 3/4" sheet goods.

With 1/2" plywood and full length cuts, it sounds like the tablesaw might be the best way to do this job even if you already owned the track saws and guide rails. Measuring and moving and aligning the tracks for every single cut on every single piece of plywood is not good. Best to set a fence on the tablesaw once and lock it in place and then cut forever.