Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Festool Contractor Track Saw Question

On 11/3/16 10:04 AM, Leon wrote:
On 11/2/2016 6:56 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Now see, I wasn't even looking at that one. Here's the correct
link.
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/561...cular-saw.aspx

There you go. :~) I would be interested in the quality of cut, the
TS series track saws make Table Saw quality cuts. I think the one
pictured above is more for rough carpentry. I would not buy it until
I saw the quality of cut.

Something else to consider, you will have to buy longer tracks to cut
up sheet goods. I found that to rip a sheet of plywood that it was
less expensive, when I bought, to buy the TS75 which included the
more expensive longer track than the TS55 which included the less
expensive shorter track. You will need the 75 inch and the 55 inch
track. Again, at the time, buying the 75 inch track and the TS55
and included track was more expensive than buying the TS75 and
included track and the 55" track. If you are going to rip sheets of
plywood you will likely have to buy the 75" and 55" tracks. Two 55"
tracks is not quite long enough to be able to start the saw on the
edge of the plywood and make a through cut.

I'm starting the job as soon as I hit send on this post and I don't
think I have time to buy and learn a new tool. I was thinking this job
might justify the expense, but with the outfeed table on my good quality
TS I think I'm in good shape.

The bins are all 8ft. long so most of my cutting is going to be full
rips. It's only 1/2 pine plywood so maneuvering won't be as difficult
it would be with 3/4" sheet goods.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)