Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Festool Contractor Track Saw Question

On 11/3/2016 9:56 AM, Leon wrote:
On 11/2/2016 6:07 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
So Festool came out with their "contractor" track saw.
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/574...track-saw.aspx

The one in the link is not the new "carpentry" saw, the new saw attaches
to a short track and is NOT a plunge cut saw like the on in the link.

It works with all their tracks which is very cool.
This saw is priced where I am actually pretty tempted to buy one.
For you Festool track saw guys, let me ask you a question.

Is a table saw better for repetitive cuts? I have to imagine it is.
I'm making 24 cable bins for a pro sound company and I'll be cutting up
54 sheets of plywood at mostly the same dimensions. I'm guessing the
table saw is better suited to this. Am I right?

If you can handle the goods a TS is better, marginally, but much more
incontinent.

Did you catch that, incontinent. LOL Farkin spell checker.

Inconvenient.