Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Contractor Track Saw Question

In article , says...

On 11/2/16 6:44 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:07:15 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
So Festool came out with their "contractor" track saw.
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/574...track-saw.aspx

It works with all their tracks which is very cool.
This saw is priced where I am actually pretty tempted to buy one.
For you Festool track saw guys, let me ask you a question.

Is a table saw better for repetitive cuts? I have to imagine it is.
I'm making 24 cable bins for a pro sound company and I'll be cutting up
54 sheets of plywood at mostly the same dimensions. I'm guessing the
table saw is better suited to this. Am I right?

Is cordless a better option than corded?

Sonny

Now see, I wasn't even looking at that one.
Here's the correct link.
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/561...cular-saw.aspx

Is your table saw big enough to support a sheet of ply? If it's a
little fold-up jobsite saw the track saw might be a better option. If
it's a Unisaw not so much.

And how thick is the ply? 1/4 inch ply is no trouble to handle, 3/4 in
quantity you really want to have a helper. Big benefit of the track
saw, you take the saw to the plywood, not the plywood to the saw.

---