Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Lee Valley StopLoss Bags

Anyone use these bags for storage of finish material?
I have two, one for their polymerized tung oil finish, and one for
polymerized tung oil sealer. Have used them for a few months and they
work well to keep the oil out of contact with air.
This morning noticed that the cap on the sealer had separated top from
sides. I emailed Lee Valley, asking for a replacement cap. Their reply
was that they would check on availability and price for a cap and let me
know.
Perhaps the plastic in the cap is not as resistant to finish as the bag
itself. I'll use a cork before buying a replacement cap.

I use boxes of wine. My BIL gave me about 20 or so. they are great.
sorry the LV was not up to snuff.

The bag is great for small quantities, which is what I use. They
emailed me back, the replacement cap is 50 cents. I will use a
silicone stopper.

It's good that you let them know - if it's a widespread quality
control issue - they can switch products or try to have the
manufacturer make amends or improvements.
John T.