Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Use 1" furnace filter instead of 5" ?

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 1:10:41 PM UTC-4, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Allie m wrote:

Ok so I didn't notice his post was from 2006..let's move on. Can a 2" work
with an adapter? Need help, not scarcaism. And I'm a woman, not a man.

The filter material is fan folded, so by using a thinner filter, you are
reducing the surface area available for air to flow through. The net effect is
that dust will restrict airflow much faster, and require changing far more
often.

its like changing your oil

it's more important that you check it and change it when needed compared to
worrying about what exact brand or type you use...

if you check your filter often and change when needed, almost anything will work fine