Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Tree pruning laser?

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 15:12:21 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

On 02/11/2016 14:33, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 11/01/2016 06:04 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 02/11/16 07:54, wrote:
They want ten grand to chop the tops of three pines, so I got to
(uh oh)
thinking what if I could put a laser on a drone. Then I realised the
power is
too much, so you would need a cable. The power supply could be to
heavy for
the drones they sell at BJ. Could you do it from ten feet away or
would you
lose focus/strength?

I think the hassles getting aerospace clearance would make it uneconomic.

It would be way cheaper to have the drone string some det cord. An old
ordnance guy my dad knew used to do that--works great at smallish diameters.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Pull the top of the tree over , as detailed earlier, then it would be
easier to use such cutting wire close to vertical action, much safer
than chain saw whirlygigs

That's how a pine tree near my house was done a few weeks ago. It was
pulled over by a machine. I haven't a clue how the pull cord got
attached so high up the tree.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows