Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default CH status panel?

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 14:38:27 +0000
Graham. wrote:

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 13:06:56 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

I have long had an urge to buy or build a small panel with a row of
LED's which shows the status of my CH system and wonder if anyone
has done something similar? Idea is to be able to quickly diagnose
any problems, so I can fix them. I have long since forgotten the
wiring plan type.

I have - a condensing boiler, stored hot water, radiators on a
wireless room stat, LCD time clock, pump and three port valve. All
the wiring and the wireless stat receiver, terminate in the airing
cupboard, where the tank and its stat are located.

I'm thinking - LED's for pump running, call for space heating, call
for water heating, valve position indication, time clock says
heating on, time clock says water on.

Shortly after I moved in here in 1977 I made a control panel with four
neons, two to indicate that the CH and DHW were on, and the other two
to indicate when the cylinder stat and room stat were calling for
heat.
You really should take a little time to trace out your wiring first
though.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/ZE2P2h

I had wondered about making LED-sized holes in the cover of the
Honeywell junction box, and then fixing LEDs so that they poked through
the holes.

--
Davey.