Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Half a House

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:24:10 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
This site talks about the unseen in our world. It
focuses on design and architecture. The article here
http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/half-a-house/
starts off talking about the 2010 earthquake in Chile. It shows the
housing brought in to give the people shelter. Half a house is pretty
much what they got. One half to live in right away, the other half
to finish themselves to suit their needs.
Episode 234 talks about a baseball manager's changes in
alignment to stop Ted Williams.

That project is really slick. It's something that could be done in California where last year, more than 1,300 homes were lost to one wildfire. In 2011, in Texas, 852 homes were lost in one 48 hour period to wildfires. We have a serious drought here in Alabamastan that's gone on for too long forcing water use restrictions and fines for those who waste water. In October, over a thousand wildfires broke out here but luckily fire crews put them out quickly.
(˜‰_˜‰)

[8~{} Uncle Dehydrated Monster