Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Tree pruning laser?

On 11/01/2016 06:04 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 02/11/16 07:54, wrote:
They want ten grand to chop the tops of three pines, so I got to
(uh oh)
thinking what if I could put a laser on a drone. Then I realised the
power is
too much, so you would need a cable. The power supply could be to
heavy for
the drones they sell at BJ. Could you do it from ten feet away or
would you
lose focus/strength?

I think the hassles getting aerospace clearance would make it uneconomic.

It would be way cheaper to have the drone string some det cord. An old
ordnance guy my dad knew used to do that--works great at smallish diameters.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs