Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:14:50 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
It's been extensively covered on here (when it was a DIY group) that
non dimmable mains LEDS can't be dimmed. And that only some types of
dimmers work with those that can be dimmed. So why try an re-invent
the wheel?

You're mostly quite right, but nondimmable mains LEDs definitely can be
dimmed. Switch in a series cap and Robert's related.

But that doesn't dim it as regards what most mean by a dimmer. Variable
from near zero to near full. And even worse for our Dave who doesn't feel
competent at component level.

I'm far more compendent than you at componet level, I would trplace a
triac with the same tyoe if it kept blowing as you appear to do every time
a bulb blows who in theier right mind would want to replace a triac
everytime a bulb blows ?

Calm down, dear.
Here's a tip, before you hit return, have an ickle read of what you typed.