Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

In article ,
wrote:
It's been extensively covered on here (when it was a DIY group) that
non dimmable mains LEDS can't be dimmed. And that only some types of
dimmers work with those that can be dimmed. So why try an re-invent
the wheel?

You're mostly quite right, but nondimmable mains LEDs definitely can be
dimmed. Switch in a series cap and Robert's related.

But that doesn't dim it as regards what most mean by a dimmer. Variable
from near zero to near full. And even worse for our Dave who doesn't feel
competent at component level.

It's what I disliked from the start of these energy saving bulbs. I like
to be able to adjust the light level for what I want. And never have
really found the costs of running lighting a deal breaker.

Now dimmable LEDs have arrived at a sensible price, I'm more inclined to
use them. Where I'm not too worried about light quality.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.