Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Tree pruning laser?

On 01/11/2016 23:45, John Robertson wrote:
On 11/01/2016 3:04 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 02/11/16 07:54, wrote:
They want ten grand to chop the tops of three pines, so I got to
(uh oh)
thinking what if I could put a laser on a drone. Then I realised the
power is
too much, so you would need a cable. The power supply could be to
heavy for
the drones they sell at BJ. Could you do it from ten feet away or
would you
lose focus/strength?

I think the hassles getting aerospace clearance would make it uneconomic.

Indeed, easier to simply put a chain saw on a drone (really ducking!).

John :-#)#

I would use a drone to loop a fishing line nylon, up around the tree at
required height, and down . Use that to run a rope around the same path
.. Bang a good ground anchor in the ground and winch the top of the tree
over. Then make some sort of running guide to fix a chain saw to a rope
and pull that up the rope while it is running, while I'm standing well
away of course. Require some extra ropery to get the angles and cutting
progress though