Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default clearing clogged sink drain

On 10/31/2016 06:42 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
A bathroom sink drain is clogged almost 100%. I used a basic snake attached
to my drill. It goes down 5' and stops. I opened the hatch in the ceiling
of the closet below. There is a sideways T fitting that the snake doesn't
get past. The top of the T has a plug. The problem is there is now a/c
ducts blocking access to the T.

Is there some other kind of snake that will get around the 90 degree angle?
I have not poured a liquid plumber type product down the drain. It has been
a couple days. so I expect at this point the only water in the drain is in
the P-trap.

Now the P-trap does not have a plug at the bottom, but a section of it
could be removed.

A plunger doesn't work as the sink has overflow holes. I don't see how they
can be closed off enough to withstand the force of the plunge.

My next step is to call a plumber, but I thought I would ask you all first.

I have a similar problem. I would love to know what you found out.