meirman

Default Phone Wiring Question

In alt.home.repair on Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:16:55 GMT "CMF"
posted:

"B" wrote in message
r.com...
The lower quality segment of your configuration will not affect the other
phones MOST of the time. If somebody is on the noisy line in the bathroom
and somebody from the quiet/clean/cat5 office joins in the conversation,

the
person in the office will hear the noise.

Thanks. Considering this particular phone is more of a novelty than a highly
used phone, that should not be a problem. I mean, most people when, uh,
sitting there do not really want to be on the phone anyway..

What else have they got to do? And some calls are important. And it
is particularly difficult to go answer a phone in another room at a
time like that.

I put my phone between my toilet and bathtub. (When in the bath, I
answer between rings, when the voltage is low.) In my house and
before, in my 5th floor apartment. (In that case I just ran the wire
out one window and in the bathroom window. Worked fine until I moved.)

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.