Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Same old, same old: Taxpayer will pick up cost of Hinkley C waste storage

En el artículo , Chris Hogg
escribió:

I have to admit I was quite shocked by that!

The best laid plans of mice and men...

You have to wonder how they could get something as prosaic as
bentonite/cat litter wrong (I know it wasn't WIPP to blame, but
contractors at Los Alamos responsible for packing the waste into barrels
before transportation to WIPP)

Speaking of Los Alamos, this is an interesting read:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...ty-los-alamos-
secret-town-nuclear-millionaires

But that someone somewhere should have specified 'cat litter', or even
just used the words, rather than 'bentonite' specifically, opens the
door to the sort of mistake that was made at Los Alamos

Americans are famously literal, so when the contractors ran short,
someone probably nipped down to Wal-Mart and picked up a few bags of the
stuff. And the rest is history

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10