Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default US braced for cataclysmic shocks if Trump trade policies come into force

On Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 12:24:57 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 01/11/2016 03:39, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 10:21:20 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
MILLIONS of jobs, billions of dollars worth of trade and the stability
of the global financial system could be at risk following the
cataclysmic impact of a Trump victory next Tuesday.
Thats according to economic modelling, done by the Peterson Institute
for International Economics, based on Trumps claims he would rip up
global trade agreements and impose tariffs on the US and China.
The US-based think tanks executive vice President Marcus Noland said
the US is on the cusp of a decision that could turn the clock back 80
years and drive a stake through the heart of global business meccas like
Silicon Valley and New Yorks Wall Street.
Manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, retail and hospitality industries
could also be affected, as could overseas markets like Australia who
rely on a stable international system, he said.
If the US is essentially acting as a bully and a rogue and starting
trade wars with China and Mexico, thats bad for everyone, Mr Noland
said one week before the US takes to the polls.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econo...d2aa0c53f1254b

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! IT HIT ME ON THE HEAD! Geez! ( *_*)

[8~{} Uncle Flying Monster

I think the Australian writer of that report has a point. Trump doesn't
want to get too blase about it. The US has already got the threat of
being nuked by the insane North Korean madman Kim Jong-un, the last
thing it wants is to wind up the Chinese more. It's all very well
getting tough, but Trump doesn't seem to understand diplomacy by the way
he conducts himself. He has said some pretty stupid alarming things.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Trump or Clinton are any good, but
then that's only my humble opinion and I'm looking from the outside of
course.

Probably 90% of what Trump spews is for the benefit of Trumpets like
Mr. T here. They like to hear that BS and believe it. The reality is
Trump, if elected, won't know WTF to do about trade or anything else.
He can't and won't just tear everything up, because he doesn't know
what to replace it with. An example of where he's headed, which the
Trumpets ignore is what he did on taxes. He put out a plan a year ago
for a top rate of just 25%. A few months ago, he cheerfully accepted
the "establishment" GOP plane they gave him which calls for a top rate
of 33%, ie basically a return to the Bush rates. Expect the same on
trade.

Another example of how stupid this man is, he said last week that if
he's elected, he'll get rid of 70% to 80% of all govt regulations.
Now, I'm a conservative, I believe in less regulation whenever possible.
But what kind of ignorant fool thinks you could get rid of 80% of it?
All we need are regs on clean water and air, what else is there? That's
how the big dummy framed it. So, once again, getting rid of 80% of
the regs, that isn't going to happen.

Boy, those Trumpets are in for a big surprise if he wins.