Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 09:02:59 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

LM-80 = a standard for measuring LED lumen maintenance & depreciation
LM-40 = time for 50% of the lamps in a large group to burn out
L70 = time to degrade to 70% of its original lumens
L80 = time to degrade to 80% of its original lumens
L90 = time to degrade to 90% of its original lumens
Reported TM-21 = predicts lifetime using LM80 + optimistic magic math
Calculated TM-21 = predicts lifetime using LM80 + more optimistic magic math

One more. ARL:
http://www.bulbs.com/learning/arl.aspx
"Average Rated Life (ARL) is how long it takes for half
the light bulbs in a test batch to fail"
I seem to recall others, but I'm too lazy to Google.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D