Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Algeria Horan[_2_] Algeria Horan[_2_] is offline

Default How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 11:23:09 -0400, Meanie wrote:

When fluorescent lamps remain on all day, chances are you can
see 10 years on them. The average home will not see that life cycle
since it's not common to leave them on all day everyday.

I don't run statistics, but I appreciate what you wrote because my
fluorescent lamps don't last more than a year or two, it seems.

I used to mark the bulbs with a Sharpie, but I stopped doing that long ago.
I don't think I *ever* got anywhere near the claimed life.

But we turn them on and off a few times each day.