Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Algeria Horan[_2_] Algeria Horan[_2_] is offline

Default How long do LED shop/ceiling lights really last at full output anyway?

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 10:59:44 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Anyway, fact is, I have a bulb, in my very hand, incandescent, that failed
in two days.
https://s15.postimg.org/92aoq3xej/bu...n_two_days.jpg

Notice the package says "1.4 year life".
https://s18.postimg.org/602tefda1/ge...burned_out.jpg

Do you honestly think that proves anything?

I understand your point, which is that I can say it lasted 10,000 years.
If I could prove it completely, and if it was worth the effort, I would,
just like Jeff *proved* that WiFi reception in routers was NOT what the
manufacturers claimed.

But you are like those people who say "prove it" to everything, which is
fine, but *you* have to provide some semblance of a reason to go to the
effort to prove things that we just have to accept on faith.

I was backing up your unproven claim that Jeff was not being balanced, in
effect, when I know, from the last decade on s.e.r and a.i.w that Jeff "is"
well balanced, and he proves what is worth proving.

I have 3 CFLs in a lamp post since 2000.
Just this year, one of them gave up the ghost.
They are activated when it gets dark.
So, they're on at least 12 hours a day, every day.
Construct some statistics out of that.

You entirely and completely missed the point.
Did you buy too many arguments this week?

All I was saying is that your claim against Jeff's veracity are completely
unfounded. You're entitled to your opinion, but if I asked you to prove that
you had sex with your wife five times this week, do I really expect you to
prove that?

What I'm saying is simply that your criticism of Jeff was unfounded, if you
look at the entire record. And, I'm saying that 11 cents per kilowatt hour
is a magical number entirely unachievable by me, in California.

If you claim otherwise, I'm only asking you to attempt to back up your very
own claims with fact, as I did with Jeff, and as I did with the price of
electricity in California.