Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 15:57:15 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
You said they blew up the dimmer?

I used the word blow up to describe the dimmer not working properly
after fitting two LEDs to the 4 way unit the other two were whatever you
wish to call them onm this day at this hour take yuor pick.

Are you now saying the dimmer was actually ok if you went back to tungsten?

From a previous post you replied to.

Dave Plowman (News)
31 Oct
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
No I haven;t, you just didn't understand the situation as usual.

I've understood perfectly well.

Then you got it plain wrong then.

I actually said that it's quite common for a dimmer to fail when a
tungsten bulb blows.

WTF ! Mine blew when I replaced two halgen bulbs with 2 LED
versions, well didn;t blow so much as not work, flicker and not
reach full brightness.

So likely nothing wrong with the dimmer. Thought everyone knew not all
mains LEDs can be dimmed.

So why didn't the dimmer dim the ghalagen bulbs when the LEDs were
removed ?

Because you broke it through your stupidity?

Never mind. It's an easy job to fix a dimmer. Oh - forgot. You can't
solder.