Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 15:27:10 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 14:07:55 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 13:22:04 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

Now your point about mercury lamps was what that yuo can buy them as
kitchen lighting to replace tungston or LEDs was it ?

FWIW you used to able to buy those. They had a filament lamp in series
with the mercury all in one envelope. Mad idea.

Well that explains why Dave Plowman has them, any idea what the filiment
was made of and can they be dimmed ?

Why ask a question about something you appear to be an expert in?

I don;t know anything about those with a filiment lamp in series with the mercury one.
Whe I moved in in 1988 ther was one 5ft florescent tube.

To the
point where you've must have looked to buy them?

No never.

But given you're the expert there will be no need to Google to find what
Mercury and Halide are.

I know what they are just never usewd them in my kitchen any more than I';ve used sodium lapm in teh kitchen I iused to in a physics lab but I didn;t think they were suitable or practicle in the kitchen.

Or at least how those terms are used by those who
know about such technology.

far more than you it seems.