Posted to alt.home.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default clearing clogged sink drain

On 10/31/2016 09:42 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
A bathroom sink drain is clogged almost 100%. I used a basic snake attached
to my drill. It goes down 5' and stops. I opened the hatch in the ceiling
of the closet below. There is a sideways T fitting that the snake doesn't
get past. The top of the T has a plug. The problem is there is now a/c
ducts blocking access to the T.
snip

Have you ruled out using a chemical drain opener? At least for
soap/hair clogs I've found that the thick Drano Max gel (comes in a
yellow plastic container - Home Depot has it) often works wonders when
other types of chemical openers (not the acid ones) fail. I've used the
Drano product with success on completely plugged bathroom sink and tub
drains. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: