angelshamshel

Default Wasps between Siding

Hi, We have always had a problem with wasps around our house over the
years and were able to get at, and remove the nests.
This year the wasps have decided to fly in the gap up between the
siding (second floor) over the patio door (first floor).
The nest is not visible either.
This 1/2" gap has always existed and I assumed it was how siding was
installed over areas such as patio doors.
It is tight to the brickwook on the first level, however.
I've sprayed the gap between the siding and inner sheathing but this
is a short term solution.
Can flashing be added or should it be caulked in some way?
I realize the siding must retain the ability to move with heat and
cold also.
TIA Dave