IMM

Default Are room thermostats out of fashion?

temperature on the boiler but it's already below 50% on the scale.
If the room stat has been removed, the installation does not meet the
minimum requirements of Part L building regs.

Can you show me exactly where this is stated?

It isn't.

My Part L building regulations have no mention of use of thermostats
beyond stating thet either TRV's or other thermostats should be used.

It refers to it as a control interlock. Can be a flow switch. In

short, a
device to switch out the burner when the house is up to temp. A boiler

is
not allowed to cycle unnecessarily.

What is wrong with letting the CH return stat do this?

Many people here have attempted to educate you on this point. You clearly
do not understand my old chum. So it is best you just take it as it is.

Best stop digging yourself into a deeper hole, my old chum.

---