Default New Home Slab Plumbing Catastrophe

(lotr1978) wrote:

Believe me I am exhausting all routes. See the seller sort of just
started his own real estate company and I didnt realize he was really
the listing agent. I am pursuing his license and plan to have the
plumber who did the work provide statements as well as two diagnoses
of the problem (one from the state inspector and the other from the
only plumbing contractor in town it seems). Its totally crazy that
this guy got away with this. The lawyer told me 10-12k in court costs
is expected with no guarantee of a win, and if I do win, no guarantee
that the attorney's fees will be awarded. Even more disconcerting,
the licensed plumber told me he actually testified for someone
recently where the seller admitted in front of the plumber that he
knew the plumbing was incorrect and didnt disclose it. The judge threw
it out of court. This was disheartening to say the least.

I think you need a different lawyer. I'd think this is starting to
border on criminal fraud. It's certainly no innocent failure to
disclose.