Speedy Jim

Default New Home Slab Plumbing Catastrophe

lotr1978 wrote:

Speedy Jim wrote in message ...

SNIP details
If the sewer does have to be redone, is there any chance that
the line could be run *outside*, around the slab?

Hope you can get some resolution to this one...

Jim

Jim

My father suggested that approach as well. The first plumber said the
line may have a v to it inside the house, therefore, given my state's
apparent lack of plumbing regulations (there is 1 state plumber for
the entire state and the city I live in has NO building codes at all)
I dont see why we couldnt draw the line out the back of the house, put
in an elbow and drop a line around the side of the house to hook up
with the main line to the street?

Yes. If the layout of the rooms makes this an easier route,
check into it. The deciding factor may be the amount of "drop"
between the back of the house and the sewer in the street.
Include a cleanout fitting outside the house in the layout.

I agree with your plumber; a VEE or "belly" in the line will
cause backups with no apparent blockage.
Jim