Dan O.

Default Kenmore Dishwasher - Troubleshoot?

"Dave Harnish" wrote

I've seen a few of these, Whirlpool - branded, and it's
impossible to prove a diagnosis without disassembling and
testing each touch pad for shorts with a VOM, via the ribbon
cable.

snipped

Dave,

Thanks for the advice - it looks fairly easy to install new
components. The symptoms a timer display blinking "79",
and one or two leds blinking on the front panel. I will check
with Sears to see about getting a new touchpad assembly.

tippybob wrote in message

One more thing - is there any way to tell whether the
problem is with the touchpad assembly or the computer
module? The sears person was going to order/replace
both, but if I could be sure which was bad and replace
it myself, it would make sense from a $$$ standpoint,
rather than to buy a new dishwasher.

On electronically controlled dishwashers there is often a 'tech sheet'
behind the access panel and/or inside the motor compartment in a small
pocket or pouch. That tech sheet *might* provide a key to the touchpad's
ribbon connector in which case it may be able to be tested with an ohm
meter.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com