Noel Hegan

Default Battery Charger Times For Ni-MH???

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Owain" wrote in message
"Noel Hegan" wrote
| Picked up a battery charger for my digital camera recently and the
| scant instructions suggested that the charging time can be worked out
| via the information on the front of the charger. Minor problem - canny
| understand the info:
| Model - Hama UNI 3AS1
| Info- Sec: AA-2 x (2.8V = 170-190mA 0,48 - 0.53VA)

My charger is a 2.8V 150mA and the box says to use 12 hours for 1800mAh
capacity size AA NiMH.

Owain

Yes. I'd go with around the 12 to 14 hour mark from flat. But if the
batteries are only showing a weakened state, then I'd settle for a recharge
of around the 8 to 10 hour duration, making sire to check them at the 8 hour
period to see if they haven't become warm or sweaty.

People,

Many thanks for answering my post and providing plenty of useful
information on the topic.

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net