The Natural Philosopher

Default no going back (was: Last nights Million Pound Property Experiment)

Witchy wrote:

I wonder if there's a questionnaire you have to fill out before they
come to film you:

1) are you mind-numbingly naiive and being led by the man of the
house? (this week's was a typical example)
2) have you seen the other 'no going back' shows?
3) do you speak the language of the country you're going to?
4) are you **** with figures and planning?

If the answers they get back are yes no no yes then you're in!

In fact essentially you are correct.

Except they think of it as a single question 'will this make
entertaining television?'

What is interesting about a guiy who spends all evening first at teh
refeiernce library and on teh 'net checking thungs up, manages to
identify a decent l;awyer, talks to all teh builders first, and in short
approaches it as one would any other major project?

Nothing. Its about as interesting as going to an evening out with the
chartered accountants society. (Which I have domne, in fact. The high
spot was surreptitious placing of bets on the length of the speech by
the chairman. My accountant won with a mind numbing bet of 45 minutes.
He took 47).

Its all part of teh general celebratin of utter incompetence that has
hallmarked teh media and the education ssytem and teh government every
since Phony Tony came to power.

Its acleed 'empowerment' - making you feel that even you couldn't be as
big a dickhead as the bloke on the telly.

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs