Kev Parkin

Default Changing the pump speed - is it safe?

Tim Mitchell wrote in message ...
In article , BigWallop
writes

"Dave" wrote in message
Before I go and do this I thought I'd ask here. My pump seems to be

making
a bit of a racket whilst the system is warming up - the noise gets less

once
the house is warm.
The pump is running at it's slowest speed. Is it safe to crack it up to 2
or 3 to see if that gets rid of the noise or am I likely to get burst

pipes
or rads with the increased water flow.
Sorry for what looks like a completely basic question.
Thanks.
Dave.

If the sound is a slight hammering or ticking noise, then it could just be
the pipework heating up and expanding.

A "slight hammering", now there's a phrase to conjure with!

Talking pumps, has anyone any experience of the Grundfos alpha+

The website looks good - is the pump as good?

http://www.grundfos-www.com/alpha/frames_html.htm

Kev