Phisherman

Default Band saw recommendations

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:03:50 -0400, Anonymous
wrote:

I'm willing to part with up to $300 for a decent bandsaw for hobbyist use.
It will need to saw slabs out of logs and cut bowl blanks for turning.
Nothing fancy, but I think I need good height, good throat depth and
decent horsepower. Probably little to no finished edges.

Does any one care to share their recommendations?

Bill

With a cost restriction, the size will be limited unless you can find
a used band saw. Delta or Jet are usually the ones to find. A 14" is
very common. Band saws can be a loyal pain to tuneup, especially if
you get a cheap one.