Swingman

Default Band saw recommendations

"Anonymous" wrote in message
I'm willing to part with up to $300 for a decent bandsaw for hobbyist use.
It will need to saw slabs out of logs and cut bowl blanks for turning.
Nothing fancy, but I think I need good height, good throat depth and
decent horsepower. Probably little to no finished edges.

Does any one care to share their recommendations?

With the "profit point" engineering on current band saw models, your best
bet is to find an older machine. Your budget won't go far for a new machine,
and should you spend twice that on new, you still won't have as good a tool.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04