Larry Caldwell

Default Installing Parkay Flooring

(Bill Harbour) writes:

I'm planning on installing self-adhesive Parkay flooring onto
concrete. The concrete is unfinished, as much as I can tell, and is
in our living room. We removed the carpet and backing. The Parkay
flooring has its own foam backing attached. My question is...will I
have to put some kind of a vapor barrier on top of the concrete before
I proceed with the installation of the Parkay flooring?

Assuming you want to install parquet flooring, not margarine here. If
your floor is dry and sound (no spalling or chalking), go for it. If the
carpet pad didn't draw moisture, the parquet flooring won't either.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc