IMM

Default Are room thermostats out of fashion?

John Armstrong wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:05:30 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

BillP wrote:

If the room stat has been removed, the installation does not meet the
minimum requirements of Part L building regs.

Can you show me exactly where this is stated?

My Part L building regulations have no mention of use of thermostats
beyond stating thet either TRV's or other thermostats should be used.

How about page 16, paragraph 1.41
"b) Where it is proposed to effect control by
thermostatic radiator valves, a room thermostat
(or other device such as a flow switch) should
also be provided to switch off the boiler when
there is no demand for heating or hot water."

Well every boiler I have ever seen comes with a thermostatic switch to
do just that.

I can't find that in my slightly older (2000) building regs tho.

Part L was this year me old chum.

Yes, but it doesn't say you have to set up a system of two suites of
thermostats essentially fighting each other.

It doesn't say that at all. It doesn't say let a boiler cycle on itself
either.

---