Tim Hardisty

Default Are room thermostats out of fashion?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:04:07 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

It's a bit of a fudge, but I can't find a better way of doing it!

Set the TRV to full (preferably replace, so the radiator is lockshield both
ends). Then balance down the hall radiator using the lockshield so that it
warms up slowly and doesn't get very hot. Then, when the other radiators get
shut down via their TRVs, more water gets to the hall radiator. By the time
all TRVs have shut, the hall radiator gets the full force of the boiler,
heats the hall and the room stat shuts down.

That would work, but the advantage of my approach is that the hall
rapidly gets close to temperature, then takes a long(er) while to get
to final temperature. This has the effect of making it seem to warm
quickly.

Your approach would result in the hall seeming colder for longer, but
would work.

Tim Hardisty.
Remove HAT before replying