Lecher9000

Default Circuit Breaker in Garage Malfunctioning

During a lightning storm, my lamp, which was plugged into an outlet on my
garage wall, went out, and I heard the relay (breaker) on the outlet click.
When I tried to reset the breaker by pushing in the red button, it just popped
out again! When the breaker has tripped in the past, I have been able to reset
it by pushing in the red "reset" button. There is also a black "test" button,
just below the red button. Both buttons are sticking out of the outlet
faceplate. All the other outlets and circuits are OK. But this outlet is dead,
until I push in the red button, and the electricity only flows for a second,
until the red button pops out again. It pops out with or without something
plugged into the sockets.

How can I fix this thing? Is something fried inside it ?

ANy clues welcomed !!!