edfan

Default Violent Electric Drill Accident

In each of these cases, the TOOL worked as designed, didn't it? SO why
should the TOOL company be responsible for the accidents caused by
operator error? I don't think, "Tie up long hair," is too complicated
a directive for adults who use power tools. It's unfortunate to have
injuries but not all of them are caused by poor tool design. (SOME
ARE, but this isn't one of those occasions, IMHO.)

RamblinOn wrote in message ...
wrote:

Anyone with an ounce of brains knows that you do not use rotating
machinery around long sleeves, gloves, and long hair.

But lots of bright people do dumb stuff, just once ) Safety glasses -
how often do people really use them around power tools. In a factory I
worked in at one time, they used to publicize events where the glasses
prevented injuries. Have seen them break but still vastly reduce or
stop injury. Wear jewelry around machinery? How many people take off
wedding bands before running power equipment or working on the car?
I've seen the people who teach safety get hurt because they had just
one lapse. And then there are those who tempt fate and take their beer
while they are working to make it more "fun", like repairing the roof on
a really hot day and the beer goes down so well ) Then there is the
stuff I never thought of, like making sure the drill is OFF when I plug
it in ) while it is about an inch from my face due to the plug being
hard to access. The OP did a favor by showing how bad one little
mistake can be. I hope his friend recovers completely.