stuart noble

Default Are room thermostats out of fashion?

My neighbour has just had a new Baxi combi installed. They've put TRVs on
all the rads bar one and have ripped out the old room thermostat. Is this
normal? I find being able to set that to 15 or so useful if you're leaving
the house unoccupied for a few days but maybe that's not how it's done these
days.
The rad without the TRV (in the bathroom) you could fry an egg on. Just as
well there aren't any kids about. It looks as though you can adjust the CH
temperature on the boiler but it's already below 50% on the scale.