Tom J

Default Kenmore refrigerator flood

"JR" wrote in message
om...

What happened was that the plastic hose slowly slipped out over the
past 2 years until it just 100% disconnected. Good thing I was home
otherwise it would have been massive water damage to the kitchen.

This seems like a very flimsy design, and I worry that my fix
(reattach and tighten) will give way again some time in the future.

Has anyone heard of such a thing and know of any recalls or such that
would have a better solution? THANK YOU!!!

I ran a copper tubing line to mine. It fastens the same way but has no give
to work loose. The big box store can show you the parts you need with the
copper tubing.

Tom J