Jim Mc Namara

Default Violent Electric Drill Accident

"Cowa Bungie" wrote in message:

God I hope I don't get flip answers to this one. snipped

I believe from your description the problem was operator error and I extend
sympathies with any accident - whether it be negligence or otherwise
invoked. I doubt that the information you are looking to obtain would do
you any good since the underlying tones indicate grounds for a lawsuit. I
would report the incident with all the pertinent information to the consumer
board. I would inquire whether or not any other accidents have occurred and
if so - how they could be avoided in the future - regardless of the hair -
regardless of a locking trigger mechanism, etc. I have 6 drills (both
corded and cordless). 3 of them have locking trigger mechanisms. My useage
and handling capabilities are the key to a safe project. According to your
statement, she "ditched" the drill rather than trying to release the locking
mechanism. Even if it could have been released, you didn't mention if she
tried to do so.

Again - not trying to be flippant and knowing your friend has experienced
some tremendous pain, I hope that all lessons are learned from this.

Jim Mc Namara