LuckyDucky

Default Why is AC running in the morning when it's cooler outdoors?

"Trent©" wrote:

snip

By morning? There IS no 8 hour period. For an 8 hour period, you
MIGHT be correct.

Lately, the low temperature in the morning has been around 61° in my
area...and that's usually around 6 a.m. By 8 a.m., its climbing
again...to the high 80's.

For *you* in *your* area, there is no 8 hour cooling period. In my
situation in the mountains, the sun sets at around 7pm (no sunlight strikes
the house) and the sun rises at about 8am (the time at which sun first
strikes the house). That's about 13 hours of cooling time at this time of
the year (mid-July).

Where *you* live, the temperature is in the high 80's by 8am. Where *I*
live, the temperature doesn't get into the low 80's until about noon and
rarely goes above 86 during the day. You gotta love the mountains.

As a reminder of what I've stated in my previous posts, the days that I've
been mentioning where the A/C has been kicking in the morning is when the
outdoor temperature has been about 58 degrees and the weather the *PREVIOUS*
day has not been sunny or hot.

Another reminder: The only heat producing item on the floor with the
thermostat is the refrigerator. No lights, computer, TV, electronics,
humans or animals. Nothing. We spend most of our time in the finished
walk-out basement where it's cooler and more spacious.

And the absorption rate of many materials is not the same as its
release rate, i.e., if it takes a material 4 hours to save up a
certain amount of heat, it may take twice that long to release that
heat.