MSgeek

Default Violent Electric Drill Accident

well there is good news. At least the next time she uses a drill at least
the third of here hair that is missing wont get caught in the drill. If I
was on the Jury I would not side with her. I would side with why didnt she
tie back her hair.
"Cowa Bungie" wrote in message
om...
God I hope I don't get flip answers to this one. Too much heartache
tonight. I'm posting to get information about a drill purchased at a
travelling power tools show. The drill's a Cummings 1/2" hammer
drill.

A female member of the family, more knowledgeable of all aspects of
home renovation than most of the guys, was using the drill purchased
for $19.99 to drill out one-way screws from a Kwikset deadbolt. She
tried a regular 1/4" bit, which didn't work. A nice dude from a
locksmithing company gave her a free replacement bit especially for
Kwikset that would "get rid of the screw like butter."

She must have inadvertently put the drill on lock. Then the new bit
started working and according to the story, she bored in. Her
gorgeous long hair got stuck in the chuck. To make a nightmare short,
she was working alone, the drill was "this close" to boring a hole
straight through her skull, long hair already scalped off, when she
knew it was time to do something rash. She ditched the drill knowing
it was still eating up her hair.

She's as all right now as a woman can be after having a third of her
scalp removed. Girl has long hair since she was a baby and has done
work on dead bolts for the last fifteen years, among other things, and
only sometimes used barrette and routinely used all kinds of drills.
She's never had this kind of accident with any other model.

I just want to know if it's o.k. to sell tools in the US if they
failed Underwriters or import or Food and Drug or Whatever tests. I
never personall had a problem with the drill and kind of liked it
until now. Now it's a tomahawk with her beautiful hair so thick
around the chuck I couldn't even find the keyhole.

Thanks from a really really really sad inlaw. Oh and I know about
safety glasses, safety measures, great jokes about dumb blondes.
Honest to Christ thank you in advance, I don't need any more. Just
want to know if this kid would have a claim against the company that
made her look like a ghoul from the Sixth Sense. If there's a law
permitting cut-rate jobbers to sell tools that don't meet
specifications but allowing litigation... I never wished I was a
lawyer until tonight.